Richard Stallman has an invitation to Adelaide in October of this
year, and I am in the process of convincing him that he wants to give
an all day lecture at the University of Queensland which will be open
to the public. Entry to the lecture will be $50 and must be booked in
advance by contacting me.

The $50 covers rms's plane ticket to Brisbane from Melbourne, his
hotel cost for a night, lunch for you and his ticket back to
Melbourne. The remaining funds will be donated to the FSF.

Expressions of interest please, only firm 'yes I will turn up
firm responses.

Topics for the lecture are expected to include:
- Recent FSF news
- Latest attacks on free software from Microsoft
- Introduction to emacs
- GCC (RTL, source code structure, writing a front end, etc)
- Other interesting relevant topics

Also send an idea for a mini lecture that can be included in the day.

If I can rack up 50 firm responses then I think I can convince him to
turn up in October to Brisbane where the lecture will happen
(University of Queensland).

Interested? Mail me: [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the subject line [RMS
LECTURE]

Thanks!!

James Buchanan
RMS Lecture Co-ordinator