At Monday, 18 February 2002, you wrote:
>How do I disable it in order that the virtual screen fits the monitor ?

In the "Screen" section of your XF86Config file, comment out any
lines which define a value for "Virtual".  Then the desktop workspace
will fit the screen.
See below...

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "LCD"
        Device     "Card0"
        Monitor    "LCD"
        DefaultDepth 16
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth     8
                Modes   "800x600"
                ViewPort        0 0
        EndSubSection
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth     16
                Modes   "800x600"
                ViewPort        0 0
        EndSubSection
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth     24
                Modes   "800x600"
                ViewPort        0 0
                # The line below defines a 1280x1024 desktop for
                # 24 bpp colour depth
                #Virtual 1280 1024
        EndSubSection
EndSection

HTH.

Once again adam, you need to fix your outbound From: address

And since I'm no longer at the address you CC'd me in on, just send
to the SLUG list, I'll see your posts there!

Steve
--
Black holes were created when God divided by 0.

http://www.helmsdeep.net/capn-k/
Linux | Windows | CAD | Audio Visualisation and more