On Mon, 2002-02-18 at 19:21, henry wrote:
> Dear Tony:
>     Tks for replying.
>

>     I am a SW(getting with embedded slackware).
>
>     Just as you said,  Installation of debian give me a good impression.
> But even base on debian,I still need to do lots of lousy work(like make
> kernel ,insmod ,etc...).
>

>     So I try to understand /proc to approach  my destination.

Henry,

/proc is NOT an option.

Its the KERNEL of the machine, you CAN'T just take it from one machine
to another.

Automatic installers like kickstart and fai are the way to go if you
require this sort of thing.

/proc is the file system view of the memory and kernel of your machine,
its not something that you can copy from machine to machine.

If you don't want to set up disk partitions etc, then use an installer
or write one yourself, just don't try to use /proc.

Greeno