> Sometimes (too often) I am working on my Mandrake 8.1 machine and suddenly
>everything grinds to a halt making me have to do a cold boot.
> This is quite annoying and has the potential to corrupt data and losing information
>I am working on.
> This happens sometimes when using Mozilla, or anything that is too processor or
>memory intensive.

My machine also freezes up completly sometimes when using Mozilla, I am running
Kondara 2.0(Redhat 7.1 base System)
I have found that Mozilla trashes the system often if I right click a link and choose
save, needless to say, I don't
do this anymore!
I have no idea why Mozilla can kill the OS.  Seems bad an application run as non root
can bring the OS to a halt.

--

Cheers

Tony。