----- Original Message -----
From: "Jamie Wilkinson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2002 11:18 AM
Subject: Re: [SLUG] Debian source package fails at build

> This one time, at band camp, Rob B wrote:
> >bugger ... this looks like one for the "too hard" basket ... I'm not that
> >confident :)
>
> Nah, just a bit more effort.  Look in debian/control for the
Build-Depends:
> line, that's what you'll need installed to build the package.  You will
have
> to backport debhelper from woody or sid in order to build it, so do that
> first.

This could get messy, as debhelper in testing depends on lots of other
things in testing, and I would be better off upgrading to Testing, which I'm
not real keen on at this point (machine is running too well :)

I might try statically linking the package on a Testing machine, damn shame
that one is an Alpha, so I'll have to learn how to cross-compile AND
statically link a package.

Any advice?

Rob