Dion Curchin was once rumoured to have said:
> Hi there,
>       Has anyone out there had experiences with running linux on SGI
> 02s or Octanes.  Are there any traps to avoid ie unsupported or poor
> performing cpus.  In fact both SGIs site and general searching of the
> net is producing little in the way of documentation on installing on SGI
> equipment.

This would be because Linux/MIPS is still mostly a work in progress -
if you need installation instructions, you probably shouldn't be
working with it yet.

There is some support for O2 in the pipe, and Linux is reputed to be
able to boot on them.  I'm not sure about Octanes.  Linux/MIPS can
boot on Indy's but is very immature.  I do suggest sticking to Irix if
you want to be actually able to do anything with such a box.

C.