On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 06:42:43PM +0800, henry wrote:
> Everytime I install Redhat ,the summary(package name,size, it's use)
> of installed programs will flash in front of me .
> I wish to know what package I have & it's use.
> Could someone know any system-file which have such records ?

You need to get friendly with rpm, and it's various frontends.
In a terminal window or similar,

rpm -qa  (for a complete list of installed rpms)
rpm -qi package  (for some info about package)

man rpm for more details, but you may find it simpler to use
something like kpackage (for KDE), or gnorpm (for Gnome).