On Mon, 2002-03-11 at 15:12, Bill Bennett wrote:
> When I used to use pkzip, I could tell the programme to download
> and if the floppy filled up it would add a "to be continued" and
> tell you to bung in a second (or third etc.) floppy. The only
> thing to be remembered was to upload the discs in reverse order.
>
> Is there a similar method with RH 7.1? A flag with cp, perhaps?

Well, about the easiest way I know of with standard unix tools would be
to run split(1) over your file, like:

split -b 1.4m myfile

That should create three files, xaa xab and xac
Copy them to floppies, then at the other end, copy them back off and run
something like

cat xa? > myfile

to join them back together.

freshmeat will probably have some archiving tools to do it, but you lose
portability..

--
Peter
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

        You don't organise a mob, Nanny.  A mob is something that
        happens spontaneously.

        There's seventy-nine Oggs in these parts.  Spontaneous it is,
then.
                -- Agnes and Nanny Ogg
                   (Terry Pratchett, Carpe Jugulum)