At Wed, 20 Mar 2002 16:27:54 +1100,
Richard Hayes wrote:
> As a Debian dummy who is trying to change from Red Hat to Debian but
> is failling ;)
>
> I read about the "Storm Administration System" which I believe was a
> part of the Storm distribution.
>
> "It contains the Storm Administration System (SAS). A modular based
> remote, interface independant (Graphical and Text based UI),
> administration system."
>
> The question is was it GPL software?
> If so, where can I get a copy?
> Is anybody doing anything with it?

"aptitude search storm" turns up "stormpkg"

the description for stormpkg is:

 Storm Package Manager is a GNOME-based user-friendly replacement
 for the console-based package manager "dselect".

 Many useful features are available, such as full dependency
 management, APT source list editing, and package list filtering.

for a "standard debian" gui tool, i would recommend using deity-gtk,
and the gnome frontend to debconf.

if you can live with curses interfaces, then try deity-curses, or
aptitude (which i use).

--
 - Gus