Morning,

I notice in gtop's memory view, that about 20% of my precious 128M is
going to sschdled and ssserverd - processes owned by root, or perhaps
more accurately Sun StarDivision, as neither I nor root can stop them.

I only use StarOffice 3 or 4 times a year. It's a waste of memory the
way it's working now.

I'd like to be able to do something like
      /etc/init.d/someservice stop
to these processes. Gtop's kill and the command line kill don't seem to
work.

Ultimate solution would be to uninstall StarOffice and reinstall on
those occasions when I want it.

I'd welcome your suggestions,

Nick

         (o o)
 |Piano Technician - Theme & Variations, Sydney|