>Can you reproduce the *exact* error message you get from perl, in its
>entirety pls.
>(I've lost the original thread ... what module are you trying to install?)

I am trying to install LWP::Simple, and MIME::Base64, on my dedicated
server that run red hat Linux 7.1 OS.

I installed them as root by manually going to

/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0

created the directories for these modules, set permissions to 755,
and then uploaded the .pm packages in the proper places.

I know this is not how CPAN says to install modules. But I have
installed some when I was using a shared server, and was installing them
this way on my own web space, and it worked fine. I don't think that the
approach I took to install is the cause of my problems, but I am no
expert.

Anyway my problem is that for user accounts, other than root and admin, that
I created before I installed these new modules, when I go to

/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0

at the user account shell I do not see the directory "LWP", and "MIME" that
I created. Perl still complains about "Simple.pm" not found in @INC when I
try to run my script.

I can see the new directories and modules, when I go to the directory
as user admin, and root.

Do user accounts use a seperate partition for the Perl directories ?

Louis.