On 16 Apr 2002, Ken Foskey wrote:

> > I'm taking a wild punt but I believe that "Faq-o-matic" or something
> > similar may be what you're thinking.
>
> FAQ:
>
> What is the best distribution to use.
>

> Answer:
>
> Dont ever ask this question!  There is no answer to this.  A nice
> summary is in the LPIC1 certification bible page 10.

LPIC1 certification bible page 10?

CONGRATULATIONS!

You've just obfuscated the answer far beyond the technicality level of
anyone who would actually ask the question.

> If you feel the need to ask this question try and outline exactly what
> you expect and how techincal you are and exactly what you want to do
> with the server / workstation you are creating.

I think this is closer to an actual answer, rather than insisting it be
part of the question. It depends on your requirements...
Redhat is easily installed, Debian has many tasks nicely automated, and
Slackware places you a lot closer to its inner workings.
There's lots of other distros and differences, of course, but I see no
reason a FAQ should not form a dialogue between it's questions...

It's not about "This is the way to ask", it's about documentation. :)

So: What do other people feel sets their favorite/current distro apart?

-- Jessica Mayo.
(Everything with a Grin :)