LS wrote:

> I can tell you more though as I am discovering a few things
> while studying the server directories from root and checking out the
> forums for that control panel that I was provided with.
>
> When I create a domain called "domain.com" with username "username"
> from the control panel from root that directory is accesible at
>
> /home/virtual/domain.com/ (This is the base directory for the domain)
>
> At the user account level for that domain, it's home is
>
> /home/username (It cannot see /home/virtual/domain.com, only root
> can).
>
> Now root Perl repository is located at
>
> /usr/bin/perl
>
> The domain.com repository is located at
>
> /home/virtual/domain.com/usr/bin/perl
>
> The contents of "/home/virtual/domain.com/usr/bin/perl"
> are not symbolic links to the main /usr/bin/perl .
> This will not work anyway as user accounts cannot
> and should not see anything below it. Right ??

You've lost me completely.

I *never* use GUI tools for administering a box. They invariably
do weird things like you mention above. They've caused me more
headaches and misconfigured/botched systems than I care to
shake a mouse at :)

> cp -r /usr/bin/perl /home/virtual/domain.com/usr/bin/
>
> Will this install Perl properly for the user account, or
> it just won't work ?

You should have one perl for your machine. It's that simple.

My advice: get back into the shell, and take control of your machine!

-rickw