Hi all,

Given that the last couple of weeks have probably been the mailing list's
messiest on record [1], I thought it might be wise to update the FAQ and be
a bit noisier about it. Ignore the SSI errors at the top and bottom, once
it's on the main site they'll work. :-)

  http://slug.org.au/~jdub/faq.shtml

Once we've seen some comment and contributions, I'd like to link it from the
footer you see attached to every list email, and change some of the mailing
list descriptions to point to it, and reflect the existence of slug-chat.

Please compare it to the current one on the website [2] and discuss here.

Thanks,

- Jeff

[1] I'm personally disappointed that we had destructive commands posted to
the list without any explanation, and the excruciatingly embarrassing
response to LinuxChix Sydney's reformation. Thanks to the considerate and
thoughtful who spoke up about those. SLUG has always been pretty good at
self-policing and working out appropriate behaviour; hopefully it's been
effective again, and we won't see such crap on our lists for some time.

[2] http://slug.org.au/faq.shtml

--
                I get my kicks above the .sigline, sunshine.