At Thu, 25 Apr 2002 09:45:04 +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Angus Lees">
> > don't punish those who do the right thing.
> > (aka "don't optimize for the failure case")
>
> It's only a recommendation. [...] One can always choose to ignore
> the recommendation.

but my point is that SLUG should be *encouraging* MIME and
PGP. amongst other things, that means NOT recommending against their
use..

> It's also a pity that we encourage the thoroughly unmodern approach
> of "No HTML Mail", but there's a fair amount of agreement that it's
> not wanted.

where the HTML version adds value, and its a multipart/alternative
with a plain text equivalent, i agree with you. the problem is, only a
handful of post i've seen would benefit from HTML (posts with itemised
lists (usually event announcements) or those with heavy use of URL
links).

--
 - Gus