Ben de Luca wrote:

>any one noticed any problems, especialy if the shared directory is on a
>reiserfs partition?
>Im geting lots of  read failures (connection reset by peer) and oplock
>errors
>
>Im begining to think its network related , the samba server has no errors
>when i look in ifconfig
>
>could this be dropped packets or duplex missmatch on the cleint side?
>and any ideas who i can test the conntection on a windows box? ala ifconfig?

Could be network issues. The way to test it is to look at your samba
shares with smbclient on the local box and then remotely with another
linux box (if that's possible). If both of those succeed it's probably a
network thing. I assume you've done all the registry patches etc? What
do the logs say?

I'm sure someone will bite me here, but the fact that you're using
reiserfs shouldn't have anything to do with it. AFAIK samba uses fairly
standard file access calls rather than actually hitting the raw disk.

James.