When:   Saturday, 15th June
Time:   10am - 6pm
Where:  UTS Broadway, Room 1.04.06
        (http://www.slug.org.au/slugmeet.shtml but note different room)
Cost:   free

Note: university exams will also be on this day, so please keep things
      quiet.

This will be a day of talks on markup languages and associated
tools. The primary focus will be on LaTeX, DocBook and troff.

Speakers are yet to be confirmed, but the intent is to cover such
topics as:

 Markup languages and why WYSIWYG is wrong
 (or: Why UNIX never had a word processor)

 Intro to LaTeX

 Using LaTeX for graphics/layout/non-essay tasks

 Intro to METAPOST (a TeX-related drawing language)

 Intro to SGML/XML/DocBook and the Jade toolchain

 Intro to XSL/XSLT (and DSSSL?)

 Intro to troff

 Intro to pic (a troff-related drawing language)

If you have a particular desire to see some other topic, mail
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and we'll see if we can find someone to cover it.

If you wish to volunteer to speak on any of the above (or similar)
topics, please mail myself or [EMAIL PROTECTED]  I'd prefer to stay
away from (primarily) HTML related topics, since they warrant a day in
themselves.

As usual, check http://www.slug.org.au/ before the event to check for
any last minute changes.

--