Next SLUG Meeting - Friday, 31st May, 2002

     * When: 6:30pm - about 8:30pm (then dinner, etc)
     * Where: UTS, Central Sydney <http://slug.org.au/slugmeet.shtml>

The Usual Suspects - Starts 6:30pm

     * Q&A - "What has Linux done for/to me lately?"
     * SLUG News & Discussion

Special General Meeting

   We will be holding a Special General Meeting this month, to vote on the
   committee's proposed changes to the SLUG constitution. It was announced
   with a summary of changes and voting information on May 9th, 2002.

   Please read the summary of changes so that we don't have to spend too
   much time on it during the meeting. It's action-packed enough already!

      http://lists.slug.org.au/archives/announce/2002/05/msg00002.html

Lightning Talks

   Something new! 5 to 10 minute talks or presentations on cool new
   software, projects by SLUGgers, crazy hardware, news items,
   announcements, whatever! Quick intros to whet your appetite, for
   discussion on the list or during the break.

     * Announcement of New Meeting Format for June - SLUG Committee
     * CVS Monitor - Adam Kennedy

Linux on the PlayStation 2 - Bill Dixon

   Bill Dixon from Sony Australia will be showing off our favourite
   operating system... running on the PlayStation 2. Their Linux kit -
   released here, May 27th - was only available in Japan until Linux
   users around the world demanded it. Yes, this was straight out of the
   press release. ;-)

   Bill will be speaking about:

     * What's in the kit? What's not in the kit?
     * Can I install my Linux applications?
     * Technical gotcha's
     * Target audience
     * How will it be sold?
     * Questions

How To Read a Perl Script - Angus Lees

   To complete the "three P's", this talk will be an extremely brief
   overview of Perl, followed by a very elementary introduction to the
   Perl language and syntax. The hope is to dispell the "line-noise" myth
   often espoused by the uninitiated and show just how easy Perl really
   is.

Dinner - Starts around 9:00pm

   If Boiled Television Entrails aren't seducing you to post-SLUG-meeting
   dinners anymore (like many of us), you'll be pleased to know that we're
   going back to Spice Boys this month. Hopefully we'll have a cheaper deal
   organised, to match the HBTE.

- Jeff

--
                   "Socks for the foot menu!" - Liam Quin