From: Ralph Seberry [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, 30 May 2002 9:50 AM
To: Howard Lowndes; Mail List - SLUG
Subject: Re: [SLUG] SpamAssassin

On Thursday, 30 May 2002 at 09:35, Nick Croft <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> * Howard Lowndes ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
>
> > I installed the SpamAssassin RPM yesterday and started up the spamd
> > daemon, but nothing appears to be happening, so I guess I missed a
config
> > somewhere.  Needless to say the doco doesn't refer to the RPM distro.
> >
> > What am I likely to have missed - something in /etc/procmailrc ?

> :0:
> * ^Subject:.*\*\*\*\*SPAM\*\*\*\*
> spam/

I don't like the way spamassassin rewrites messages (with false positives)
so I turn it off, and use (instead of the snippet above):

:0:
* ^X-Spam-Status.*Yes
spam/

my /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf:

# Add your own customisations to this file.  See 'man
Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf'
# for details of what can be tweaked.
#
rewrite_subject 0