Hi all,

I'm in a bit of a pickle at the moment - I compiled a new kernel package
using make-kpkg for my Debian Woody box, going from 2.2.19 to 2.4.18, with
the pre-emptive patch and ext3 support.  lilo was updated and all went well
and rebooted fine.

I then ran tune2fs -j /dev/sda1 through 4 to add the journal, and changed
/etc/fstab to make the drives mount ext3 at boot.  Before rebooting, I
re-made the kernel package with some network settings I had forgotten
(didn't remove any config)and installed it, and rebooted - following the
default questions re lilo all the way.  Now the drives aren't being mounted
at all.  I can boot into tomsrtbt rescue disk and mount the drive fine to do
an fsck on it, but once I boot back into Debian the problem remains.

Another (related I'm sure) issue is the fact that lilo has no option to boot
the old kernel, and I can't re-run lilo from the rescue disk.  The FAQ for
Toms disk says to mount the existing hard drive as /mnt (no problem there),
and then do chroot /mnt /sbin lilo - but when I try and run lilo to repair
the MBR, the damn thing complains that it can't find lilo.real (which is
also in /mnt/sbin)

TIA,
Rob