Are you sure you have networking correctly setup on the Windows machine?
    Perhaps the Windows machine is at fault here.  :-)

Can your server see traffic from the Windows machine?  Maybe it's a
cabling problem.  You could check by trying to ping the server from the
Windows machine and watching for traffic at the server (tcpdump ip proto
\\icmp).

Grant wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm going to set up my linux box (RH 7.2) as a server for a couple of
> Win98 boxes.  At the moment I can't ping the W box.  Using the network
> howto eth0 is 192.168.1.10 the route is .1.0 & the default gw is .1.1
> Running netstat -r the table is as I think it should be.  My card is
> ne2k-pci.  The fault message is destination host unreachable (the w box
> is 192.168.1.3)  Thanks.
>
> Grant

-

knet