On Thu, 2002-06-27 at 09:11, Adrian van den Dries wrote:
> Woo hoo!  Thanks to Jeff "GNOME 2 Release Manager" Waugh and his band of
> merry hackers!  Now, for want of bandwidth...

Ditto.

Using garnome, G2 is very easy to install and use (see the home page at
gnome.org/~jdub/garnome).

I've been using RC1 and haven't had any problems with the desktop or
standard applications.  The only problem app is rhythmbox which, for me,
locks up as soon as I try and play anything (yet to be folowed up...).

The new generation G2 is a much more polished, professional desktop than
the previous incarnations - do yourself a favour and try it ;-)

P.S. Wait till you try the reborn Nautilus graphical shell...