At Wed, 3 Jul 2002 11:48:30 +1000, John Ferlito wrote:
>       Has anyone come across a DB GUI for linux. What I'm after is one
> of those visulisation type tools where you have all the tables with
> lines joining the relationships etc. I found dbdesigner but it's in
> alpha and doesn't import stuff.

if you want to generate such a diagram programmatically, try:

  http://search.cpan.org/search?module=GraphViz::DBI

you may need to provide your own "is_foreign_key()" function,
depending on what conventions you've been using.  at worst, it'll be a
bit of perl to parse the output of psql's \d command and grope around
to find the foreign key constraint.

(read about \pset in psql(1) if you go the psql route)

--
 - Gus