...has a scan on a Linux kernel reported the uptime?

I have been having _extreme_ difficulty reaching www.bigpond.com for a
number of days, and from a number of sites, over a variety of comms media.
So much so that I ran an nmap scan on the site and, surprise, surprise,
this is what I got back.  It's nice to see that they are running Linux,
but the revelation of the uptime I find disturbing.

Starting nmap V. 2.54BETA36 ( www.insecure.org/nmap/ )
 Warning:  OS detection will be MUCH less reliable because we did not find
at least 1 open and 1 closed TCP port
Interesting ports on  (139.130.4.36):
(The 1557 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: filtered)
Port       State       Service
80/tcp     open        http
Remote operating system guess: Linux Kernel 2.4.0 - 2.5.20
Uptime 7.579 days (since Sun Jul  7 19:25:49 2002)

Nmap run completed -- 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 172 seconds

--
Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates - Your Linux people