On Tue, 30 Jul 2002 12:46:00 +1000
Erik de Castro Lopo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Jul 2002 12:32:30 +1000
> Jonathan Kelly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I guess it could be blocked, but why would my ISP (tpg) do that???
>
> I belive that mirror.aarnet.edu.au actually blocks abusers of their
> system (ie more than 1 download at a time) for short periods. Have
> you been a bad boy? ;-).

Weelll,

maybe ... but how do they know it's me trying to ping them??? And anyway,
they should love me, because I went to the trouble of installing squid to
save multiple downloads ... which is why I want to get back to aarnet
because my cache is full of woody packages from aarnet and I'd like to
save the bandwidth, not that I care anymore because I'm on unlimited
download plan, and of course they were a more reliable mirror than
planetmirror.

Cheers.
Jonathan.