Hi,

I've scoured the net looking for this, and have yet to find anything
acceptable.  I need a file manager for non-geeks that fits the
following criteria:

- Looks and feels somewhat like Windows explorer
- Does not have a ridiculous number of dependencies (which rules out
anything built for GNOME or KDE)
- Will run on a Pentium with 32Mb RAM (ditto)

and preferably:

- will mount/unmount removable media with a click or two
- comes packaged as a .deb for Woody

Have tried searching the usual places, and found a stack of apps that
on closer inspection turn out to be v0.01, with 90% of the functionality
residing on the todo list, and unmaintained since the late 90's.  Does
anybody have any happy real-world experiences in this area?

Matthew.
Parramatta Computer Access Network
http://www.cat.org.au/pcan