<quote who="Tom">

Is this one of those TV Tuner cards with a little jumper cable to plug the
audio out on the card to the line in on the sound card? Moving the mouse
vigorously doesn't knock this cable about, does it? ;)

> I've not seen this behaviour for playing CD's, window manager bells
> and chimes, or anywhere else.

How about mp3 decoding? I'd expect there to be no effect if the TV audio is
fed to the line in of the sound card.

> Could this be related to interrupts??

Possibly, but again, I'd think not if the audio is fed to the line in on the
audio card, as this means the TV audio is never travelling the computer's
PCI bus as digital data for playback, it just goes straight through the
sound card.

> Tips for approaching troubleshooting this?

Are there any on screen changes like the audio mixers shifting or the TV
window title changing?

J.
--
Jan Schmidt                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as
kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills
and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Unknown