OK - here's one for the debian gurus:

bunbun:/var/lib/mysql/mysql$ sudo apt-get install cacti
Password:
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Sorry, cacti is already the newest version.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0  not upgraded.
1 packages not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
Setting up cacti (0.6.7-2) ...
ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'loop@localhost' (Using password: YES)
ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'loop@localhost' (Using password: YES)
dpkg: error processing cacti (--configure):
  cacti

I have tried purging all dependencies of cacti (including all mysql stuff)
but this error keeps popping up. It seems to me that the cacti configure
script seems to think that it's username should be loop - but the mysql
server doesn't know of a user by that name.

Does anyone have any ideas?

cheers,
rob

--
You mean you need drugs to hallucinate?

This is random quote 1236 of a collection of 1250
[15200.8 km (8207.8 mi), 262.8 deg](Apparent) Rennerian