In message <1031645584.1725.137.camel@sandra>, Tom writes:

>My two cents would be that you are complaining about the wrong people.
>It would be a great opportunity to write the company and ask them why
>they didn't write a Linux driver themselves - after all Linux is the
>desktop OS which is increasing its market share the fastest.

It wasn't a complaint, it was an objective statement.  I am perfectly aware
of the difficulty driver writers have and I am grateful for the work that
ALSA and others have done to date.  I am perfectly aware that it is the lack
of co-operation of hardware manufacturers that is the root cause of the long
waits we have to endure to get their products working.

It is very frustrating not to be able to get working what I believe should be
a superb piece of equipment like the Terratec.

--
David