to all those who answered, many thanks.

i bought the book and downloaded the code from Steven Richard's WEB
site.  i adapted the code for my use and it works like a bought one.  i
don't have buffering problems when using FTP nor do i get strange
characters when using Telnet when running my own homebred interactive
program.

Michael, yep, i work at Fairfax Printers, out at Chullora, in the
computer department.

regards,

Lucas

Michael Fox wrote:

>Hi ho,
>
>noticed you a fairfax person :) I use to work for them... your at chullora
>right?
>
>Cheers

The information contained in this e-mail message and any accompanying files
is or may be confidential.If you are not the intended recipient, any use,
dissemination, reliance,forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail or
any attached files is unauthorised.This e-mail is subject to copyright. No
part of it should be reproduced,adapted or communicated without the written
consent of the copyright owner.If you have received this e-mail in error,
please advise the sender immediately by return e-mail, or telephone and
delete all copies.Fairfax does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness
of any information contained in this e-mail or attached files. Internet
communications are not secure, therefore Fairfax does not accept legal
responsibility for the contents of this message or attached files.