On Sat, 2002-10-12 at 07:01, Tom wrote:
<snipped>
> Also, I'd say keep banging off the letters to Telstra/Optus.  Because
> ISPs support Mac, and Linux is poised to overtake Mac as the #2
> desktop OS, I would guess that official ISP support for Linux is not
> very far away - as long as ISPs clearly understand that that is what
> the customer wants.
<snipped>

What is official ISP support for Linux?

Is it where you ring up and say your having some difficulty and your
using Linux they don't just automatically respond with "Sorry, we don't
support that"?
Or is it where you can just ring up and say "Uhh, I can't get my
internet working and I'm using Sorceror Linux 0.5, can you walk me
through it?" ?

Cheers,
Malcolm V.