Minh Van Le was once rumoured to have said:
> My friend gave me a Silicon graphics IRIX O2 box.
>
> I was wondering if I could put Linux on it.

The SGI O2 is a MIPS based system.  Its only resemblance to PC
hardware is that SGI started using PS/2 mice and keyboards, and
standard VGA connectors around the time they released the O2.  The
guts are completely different.

You probably can run linux on it, but its not worth the effort.

Frankly, if you want to use it seriously, stick to Irix.  Nothing else
will come close to supporting the hardware as well as Irix will.

C.

[Who still wants an O2 to add to his collection of SGI boxes :)]