** Reply to note from Richard Neal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 17 Oct 2002 21:45:48 +1000

> Actually it is against the law to force a consumer to use
> products from another company when you have a perfectly good
> product that does the job and meets international and local standards.
> I think at one SLUG meeting 2 weeks 2 months ago someone mentioned that
> in fact there are standards set by the Australian Gov for companies
> who want to offer public documentation and services and infringing those
> standards can leave you open to a hefty fine. >

according to a school teacher mate of mine, next years' curriculum sp?
includes such computer skills as *NOT* as 'wp', *but* 'MS Word', 'MS
Excel', etc.

> On Thu, 2002-10-17 at 18:25, John McQuillen wrote:
>
> > So St George, why don't you spend a little time and effort into, if not
> > coding your app to work better with Linux browsers, perhaps a single
> > page on your site with tips on getting Internet Banking to work in
> > Linux, and let the users help themselves? As far as I am concerned,
> > user-agent checking to limit access to users running Microsoft Windows
> > and Internet Explorer should be against the law.

yes, I agree. *but*, StG no longer does that, and, YES, StG _were doing
that_ some 1 or 2 years ago.

initially, there were *not* checking, then, they did, after a while, they
dropped the user-agent check, I can access StG with non-windoze N461

Voytek Eymont
SBT Information Systems Pty Ltd
http://www.sbt.net.au/links/
phone +61-2 9310-1144 fax +61-2 9310-1118