On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:

> I'm coming back to Sydney in December and want to get a mobile for the
> month.  Ideally I'd just use my own phone and put in an Aussie SIM
> card.  Is it possible/reasonably priced to buy a SIM card from an
> Aussie provider?

Of course it is.

You can buy pre-paid starter packs which include a SIM, a period of rental
and some calls. Then you just top up as necessary.

Alternately, sign up with one of the big three, and get a new SIM on
whatever package you choose. You don't have to buy a phone to get a SIM.

The pre-paid option would be best, though. You only pay for what you use.

DaZZa