Hi,

I've upgraded my Mandrake system from 8.2 to 9.0, using the 3 CD set from
Everything Linux. Took the upgrade packages only route.

The KDE desktop won't run. It quits with the error message saying that
etc/profile.d/lang.sh  doesn't exist.

I normally use IceWM as my default desktop. KDE is my default desktop for user
root. Since logging in as root and trying to startx, now my Krusader file
manager has lost its toolbar icons. (It was working OK).

When I unsuccessfully tried to install KDE3 on MDK8.2, I used rpmdrake to
uninstall kde3 and re-install kde2. But now rpmdrake has also lost all its
options. Like choosing sources. Or uninstalling packages. It will do installs
only.

Short of wiping it and putting 8.2 back on, any other help would be greatly
appreciated.

Amanda