I have a lexmark Z25 printer (USB).

Under Suse 8.0 I installed the lexmark drivers (from lexmark web-site) and everything worked fine immediately.

I have also previously installed the drivers under Mandrake 8.2 and had to make a few cahanges (which I have forgotten) before I could print under Cups.

Under Mandrake 9.0 the lexmark drivers/print utilities work fine, but I can't print anything.

I have ALL of the print files installed from Mndrake 9.0, as well as ghostscript and enscript as reqd.

The message that I get is "Printer lexmark is not defined in any of the rc files" - I've checked and that is correct.

What is required to be done here?

Also, there seems to be a problem in that I can't find the lpd daemon . (/etc/rc.d/iniy.d/lpd start). It is listed in the Mandrake Control Center Services, and I also turned it on there (as root), but still couldn't print.

The printer is correctly connected and turned on and works under WinXP on the same system.

I'm under the impression that perhaps there are some changes re printing between Mdk 8.2 and Mdk 9.0.

Any help/suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance

Bill