<quote who="Steve Moss">

> I've read a few threads relating to video capture cards but nowhere could I find a
>nice simple link to a nice simple download of a nice simple driver for my 878tv tuner
>card (phillips tuner hardware). Is there such a thing?

For me, on Debian, there is no standard kernel with this support in it. The
driver is in the standard source tree, but needs to be turned on and the
kernel rebuilt.

After that, you need to figure out the appropriate parameters to tell the
driver which tuner you have, and then you need something like xawtv to use
to watch TV.

http://bytesex.org/bttv/ is the homepage for the bttv driver which supports
the BT878 chipset, but you almost certainly want to use the standard driver
and build a kernel.

I have:

options bttv            card=56 radio=1 pll=1 fieldnr=1 gbuffers=32
options tuner           type=5

in /etc/modules.conf to specify the options for my BT878 based FlyVideo 98FM

Cheers,
J.
--
Jan Schmidt                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Karaoke bars combine two of the nation's greatest evils:
people who shouldn't drink with people who shouldn't sing."
 -Tom Dreesen