Hi list

I set up 2 Redhat 7.2 boxes over the weekend and I have them connected
with a dial up PPP link. When the link is not up each machine works fine.
When the link is up the machine that started the link has problems. If I
try to ping it from itself I get a connect error however I can ping the
other
machine OK and I can ping the first machine from the second even though
I can't ping it locally. I can't even ping localhost.

Also while the link is up I am finding a lot of processes run very slowly.

I have tried to get the ppp link to come up automatically during the boot
process and it works fine. But when i do things this way the login process,
to the kde desktop, takes ages.

Does anyone have any clues?

Regards

Richard