> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I need to add an ftpd to my Debian laptop and wwondered what
> > > ppl have used and can recommend and what not maybe to use.
> >
> > apt-get install proftpd
>
> You didn't really read the email, did you?

Yes, somewhat. But probably not entirely. However... since when wasn't
proftpd easy. All you do is install it, make some changes and leave it.

> >But also I wont be using virtual hosts or anything fancy
> (hence dont need
> proftp). So simpliclity is a plus

Just because proftpd can do this fancy stuff, doesn't mean its not easy. I
don't use those functions and never have. However I use it, because out of
the box its ready to roll, and not to mention very secure. End case!