Hi there,

I mentioned this at the last SLUG. For any interested, JiCal can now be
shell scripted to do lots of things including rendering any Evolution
calendar as HTML/PDF/XML/Text via stylesheet translations (XSLT). It
also rolls out repeating events, something missing from the current XCAL
spec.

This release lets you CRON tasks so that for example, a calendar of
events for an organisation kept up to date in evolution might be
rendered daily up to your organisations website via a CRON job.  You
might have another calendar with your weblog, this can be rendered
periodically to a webserver as well.

More importantly, JiCal enables users to book meetings together by
translating their iCalendar files to free/busy time and posting it
automatically to the web server. This is key requirement for larger
sites who are seriously looking at Linux on the desktop.

Please note: PDF creation requires http://xml.apache.org/fop, JiCal
requires Java 1.4.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/jical

Also note: examples of HTML/FOP/XML translations are included but I need
help to make them sexy. If you fancy your self as a XSL expert, please
feel free to improve the examples to make the project that much
swisher... License LGPL.

HTHS (Hope this helps someone) & MXMAS&HNY

Stu