Oh dear what have I done???I would like a little
assistance if that's possible.I have built a Mandrake
9 machine, or at least the APC magazine cd did. I have
installed SAMBA, when I did this install. I have since
installed WEBMIN. Yes it's very groovy but I have the
feeling either I have missed some point somewhere or
something has gone awrye during the install - probably
not, no messages were forthcoming advising me of any
problems more likely me.
Anyway as you all know SBS servers will not allow
another Domain Controller to exist on the same network
with it. Member servers are fine but not CD or BDC's.
Now I can't see my shares on the Samba box although I
have reserved the ip in the SBS DC for it.
There was a command that needed to be run on the SBS
DC for C:net localhost "Pre-Windows 2000 Compatible
Access"everyone /add  ---well this only opened
explorer in C: on the SBS DC.
 Now this is the thing.....When I do a "Find Computer"
in the SBS DC it finds the SAMBA box but it tells me
it's role is as a DOMAIN Controller!!!!
bugger///#%$%$# dolt.
Is it a big problem to relegat the SAMBA  machine back
to common old member server? Do all I need tyo do is
stop the WINS server from running?
I know, ignorance has led me to a point of complete
confusion.
doh@me
Paul S

- What's on at your local cinema?