I did't receive any replies about this post so i dont know if there are
no suse users or if people didn't understand what I was trying to say.

basically I have a shell script which i downloaded. The script was
written in a way which really only works on Suse systems because it
makes reference to files which dont exist on Red Hat e.g. /etc/rc.config
so can anyone tell me what this file might be on a red hat system or
what the file is supposed to do in suse so i can try to find an
equivalent in red hat.

The script also makes reference to other files in /sbin/init.d so i'm
wandering if this directory is the same as /etc/rc.d/init.d in red hat
which holds the SysV init scripts.

any comments appreciated.
Thanks heaps.