On Mon 06 Jan, Jeff Waugh bloviated thus:

> There used to be, a number of years ago. From memory, it was actually built
> for a 3 1/2" bay (back when everyone was trying to be the 'next-gen floppy')

These are data Minidiscs, which are incompatible with audio.  Not due to
any good reason, just because Sony wanted to charge more for data
blanks.  Duh!

Then Howard Lowndes said:

> Ahhh...  Problem is that I don't have a Minidisk player, but I want to
> dub Minidisks for someone who does have one.

Erm, you want to go from MD -> MD?  You'd need a professional dual deck
(best) or a professional deck which has a digital out (not as good
because it's decompressed then recompressed again).  The other options
is MD -> analogue -> MD.

www.minidisc.org for details of the full range of kit available.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
www.rumble.net

Nothing is so admirable in politics as a short memory.
- J K Galbraith