Hi all,
I have a problem I cannot find a solution on, hopefully an iptables guru
can help.
My brother would like to be able to connect to ftp servers that use ports
other then 21, ie 4500.
I know that with iptables, there is modules for ftp connection tracking
and such, but this only seems to apply to port 21.
He can ftp to ftp.kernel.org and list the contents fine, but when he tries
to connect to servers listening on non-standard ports, the listing times
out.

How can I configure the iptables appropriately?

The only other thing I can think of is an ftp proxy, but this is not
desirable.

Thanks,

Scott

--