While this is not strictly a Linux question, it does involve some Linux boxen (and a couple of Windows and FreeBSD systems :)

I have about 5 machines at home, networked together. Usually, about three of them are in use at any given time. To save updating various bits of info when I make a change that would affect them all (adding or renaming a host, changing a user password etc.) would it be a good idea to use NIS/YP or some such service? This way, I would only have to make a change on the server and have it reflected on the various hosts.

What would be an alternative to NIS in this situation? LDAP?

cheers,
Rob

--
Hail / Praise / Ia / Fuck / Grep / Eat Eris / "Bob" / Cthulhu /
The Conspiracy / Kibo / Spam

This is random quote 558 of a collection of 1274

Distance from the centre of the brewing universe:
[15200.8 km (8207.8 mi), 262.8 deg](Apparent) Rennerian

Public Key fingerprint = 6219 33BD A37B 368D 29F5 19FB 945D C4D7 1F66 D9C5