Howdy Folks,

A client is about to do a rollout of linux appservers across their wan, and
they're trying to find brand-name servers (aka compaq/dell) which will run
debian without a lot of screwing around..  They're running HP DL380G2's at
the moment for their Windows machines, but apparently HP aren't being very
helpful about whether there is linux support for the hardware in the boxes..

I'm wondering if any of you are running debian (or one of the other
non-redhat-fuzzy-warm-feeling-rpm-based distro's) on HP/compaq/dell
hardware?  And if so, what the install was like?  I'm certainly up for
dropping a custom-compiled kernel onto the install CD to let us install onto
RAID, but the client doesn't want to go to the hassle.. (plus I think i've
finally talked him out of needing raid for a box that'll never use the HDD
once the app is loaded.. :)

Cheers,

Damien

--