Good morning!

Did I mention that I really, *really* detest top-posting? :-)

On Sun, 2 Mar 2003 21:12:45 +1100 Jon Biddell wrote:
> So why offer the discount at all for one distro ???

Basically because that's the only one anybody's bothered to brand with a
SLUG logo and distribute.  The last time the committee spoke about it,
we were all for packaging other distributions in a similar way.  Anybody
setting out to do so will get at least as much support from SLUG as
Bruce did (which admittedly wasn't a great deal - but that's because
he was so damn good at doing it on his own).

So yeah.  Now we've done it once, it should be much easier to do it
again.  If you want to see $favourite_distro in the shops as well, talk
to Bruce, and mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]

There are one or two fairly minor reasons why I personally would
choose Debian for something like this, but that's drifting off-topic,
and dangerously close to yet another distro flamewar.

> =>Thats like saying, by burning your own cd-set you've saved $5
> =>off slug membership.

Not at all.  Putting these CDs in bookshops is a great way to get Linux
out to people who might not see it otherwise.  The membership discount
lets them know about SLUG, and what we can offer.  It also,
incidentally, hopefully gets us more members. :-)

Is anybody reading this after buying the CD?

--
Pete