Hi Luke,

Thanks for the reply. Info as requested hereunder:-

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# cat /etc/fstab
none /proc proc defaults 0 0
none /dev/pts devpts mode=0622 0 0
/dev/fd0 /mnt/auto/floppy auto user,noauto,exec,umask=000 0 0
#
/dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1 ext3 noauto,users,exec 0 0 # Knoppix partition
#
/dev/hda5 / ext3 defaults 1 1 # Mdk 9.0 boot partition
#
/dev/hda6 none swap defaults 0 0 # Swap for both Mdk 9.0 and Knoppix
#
/dev/hda7 /mnt/hda7 ext3 auto,users,exec 0 0 #Mdk 9.0 Home partition
#
/dev/hdb1 /mnt/hdb1 vfat noauto,users,exec 0 0 # XP partition
#
/dev/hdb5 /mnt/hdb5 ntfs noauto,users,exec 0 0 # XP data
#
/dev/hdd1 /mnt/hdd1 ntfs noauto,users,exec 0 0 #XP data
[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]#

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# ls -ld /home drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Feb 26 16:04 /home/ [EMAIL PROTECTED] root]#

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# ls -ld /home/bill ls: /home/bill: No such file or directory [EMAIL PROTECTED] root]#

(Appears that problem is with Symlink???)

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# mount
/dev/hda5 on / type ext3 (rw)
none on /proc type proc (rw)
none on /proc/bus/usb type usbdevfs (rw)
none on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,mode=0622)
/dev/hda7 on /mnt/hda7 type ext3 (rw,nosuid,nodev)
/dev/hdb1 on /mnt/hdb1 type vfat (rw,nosuid,nodev)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]#

Thanks

Bill
[EMAIL PROTECTED]