On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 10:34, Louis Selvon wrote:
> Louis> I was thinking of doing that but right now this is a no go for the live
> server after talking to the support staff. I still need that stupid Ensim
> control panel to manage domains on the apache server as I am not an expert at
> doing it myself yet. The Ensim control panel installed is only compactible
> with the version of Red Hat running on my server. If the vendors upgrades the
> panel to work on a later Red hat, then I can upgrade the OS. If I become an
> expert at managing Apache before they upgrade their shit then I will
> definetely move to the latest Red Hat version. Right now I have to stay with
> 7.1.

hmm. Well, Just upgrade the bits you're installing I guess. Unless it
relies on something vitally important, in which case you downgrade I
guess.

There's also "pinning" but I don't know anything about it.

> Louis> I googled for this "apt-rpm" and I did not see a version that runs for
> red Hat 7.1. Or any version will work ??

http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/redhat-7.1/apt/

You might want to consider using sources for a newer version of redhat -
then you can upgrade and install X at the same time.

James.