On Wed, 5 Mar 2003, Colin Humphreys wrote:

> Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 11:50:39 +1100
> From: Colin Humphreys <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: [SLUG] Help I'm MS bound and I'm feeling down
>
> On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 10:12:10AM +1000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Has anyone been able to import  .PST files from Outlook to another email
> > client.
>
> I did it using an imap server. (Setup an imap server on your linux box,
> conenct outlook to it, copy up all the mail, then the linux box can
> connect to the imap serve also).

I'll second that.  I mucked around with other options for a while and ran
into too many glitches.  Outlook crashed on me several times before I had
it all done, but was generally much easier to use this imap approach.

I think that the University of Washington IMAP server while
it has security issues (read any file as a logged in user) probably does
allow you to just dump your mail straight into mbox files rather than
having to do a second imap transfer to get your files to a usable form on
your linux box.

Andrew